06 February 2015

Say What You Need to Say - Friends

Greetings Dear Reader,

I find great value in my friends.  I do not think that I express this often enough or well enough.  I have not had a regular “buddy”, someone I hang with all the time since high school.  I miss that but life does not really allow it right now.

That said I truly value the people I call friend.  They are diverse and amazing.  Each of them has gifts and abilities that make the world a better place.  They make me a better man. They teach me.  Some are supportive to my thinking and others are foils to my world view.  Some have been my friends for decades. 

I need to say to them that I am thankful.  I wish there was a way to express how much I love and value each of them.  I know they are precious gifts from God that I do not wish to neglect.  I will not name any names as I would leave someone off the list.

As I grow closer to another birthday I realize how rich my life is because of the friends I have.  Whether that friendship is time and distance tested or new and fresh I value it.  I am honored that unique souls find a way to connect with me at a personal level.  They make the journey better and the joy of it richer.  That is what I need to say about this.  There is more but it should be said face to face.

You’ve Got a Friend in Me – Randy Newman

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You got troubles
Then I got them too
There isn't anything
I wouldn't do for you
We stick together, we can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them
Will ever love you
The way I do
It's me and you, boy

And as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. I treasure you, my friend! 27 years it's been, can you believe it? Blessings be yours as you celebrate your birthday.

    ReplyDelete