10 February 2015

Say What You Need to Say - Milestones

Greetings Dear Reader,

“You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead—your next stop, the Twilight Zone!”

I ponder sometimes the vast number of signs we pass every day.  I contemplate what we take in and what we ignore.  I question some of the things we celebrate as the their value in celebration. 

We enter the new every day.  We breach a new horizon.  Many mark another Monday with disdain whilst yearning for Friday.  Wednesday becomes just the crest of the hill so they can glide into the weekend.  Every day is a gift and we do not treat it that way.

Time slips through the glass and we miss so many things that are intended to bring us awe.  During winter I make time to wonder at the constellations whilst other hurry into the house to escape the cold.  There is time in the day to embrace the wonder of the world if we allow it.

We make our way toward that “undiscovered country” with no hope of ceasing the journey.  We must find joy along the way to sustain us.  We must gather in the beauty of the universe so that we see just how much of it exists to prepare us.  I am honored to have been given another milestone at the advent of this milepost.

It is in the journey toward God that we are to find him.  If I waste a single day of that pursuit then I lose out.  I have less in which to wonder and marvel.  I have less warm winds to life the powdery wings of faith on which I fly.  I have less of Christ to share if I do not pursue him in every moment.

At this milestone I need to say just how much I love the world because I love the Creator of that world.  I love the journey because of the one I follow.  There is always joy in the midst of sorrow because of my fellow traveler.  There is also joy because of you Dear Reader.  Thank you for your company along the way.  This milestone reminds me so much of our destination: The Unknown Country, already discovered by others.  We must keep moving as the sun is at its zenith.

I’ve Got A Name – Jim Croce

Like the pine trees lining the winding road
I've got a name
I've got a name
Like the singing bird and the croaking toad
I've got a name
I've got a name

And I carry it with me like my daddy did
But I'm living the dream that he kept hid

Moving me down the highway
Rolling me down the highway
Moving ahead so life won't pass me by

Like the North wind whistling down the sky
I've got a song
I've got a song
Like the whip-poor-will and the baby's cry
I've got a song
I've got a song

And I carry it with me and I sing it loud
If it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud

Moving me down the highway
Rolling me down the highway
Moving ahead so life won't pass me by
And I'm gonna go there free

Like the fool I am and I'll always be
I've got a dream
I've got a dream
They can change their minds but they can't change me
I've got a dream
I've got a dream

I know I could share it if you want me to
If you’re going my way I'll go with you

Moving me down the highway
Rolling me down the highway
Moving ahead so life won't pass me by
Moving me down the highway
Rolling me down the highway
Moving ahead so life won't pass me by

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment