14 February 2015

Second Thoughts – Another Cyber Stalking

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Please do not be alarmed.   I am not talking about identity theft or someone being inappropriate or creepy.  I have discovered another form of cyber staling that is both intriguing and annoying. 

I noticed it was more pronounced after I made a certain online purchase during January.    Today the vendor from whom I purchased the product showed up in adds on no less than six pages what had border or banner adds.  It is like the company is stalking me.

A company from which I purchased some Christmas presents began sending me eight to twelve emails a day.  I have blocked the email and will not purchase from them again.  In contrast with my permission another vendor sends me one email per week explaining what is on sale and offering tips for better use of the product I purchased.

As I journey onward I will eradicate the commerce stalkers from my custom.  One vendor from whom I ordered suspenders insists  on filling my side panels with women in garters because they are considered a form of suspender.  There seems to be no filter in their filter. 

It all puts me in mind that I am ultimately responsible for filtering out the things that I do not want or need in my life.  I am the one who must open and close the gate of perception.  It is my place to decide what gets purchase in my thinking.  I am to bring into captivity every thought. 

All of those unwanted and relentless ads remind me that I am responsible for what I know.  I am the guardian of my thoughts.  I do, however, dislike be stalked by a tea kettle.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment