26 March 2015

My King – Guarding and Guiding

Greetings Dear Reader,

With baseball’s opening day also being Resurrection Sunday (next week is Holy Week) I am quite excited for both.  The reason I mention it here is that before the season starts I watch a few of my favorite baseball movies.  My current favorite is Trouble with the Curve

It is the story of a father and daughter with baseball as the backdrop.  We begin to understand why the father sent the daughter to boarding school as the story unfolds.  She has no idea and he is certain he did the best he could at the time.  He acted as he did to protect his daughter.  In a key moment he says to her “You don’t know half of what you think you know.”

I have thought this so often when one of my children was arguing with me.  I can only imagine how often the Father, God thinks that about me. He knows what is best and I ignore him.  He lets me get into trouble and is there for me when I realize my error.  He constantly stands guardian over my soul.

My King guides when I will follow and he guards when I do not. He is strong enough to allow me to exercise my anger and self-centeredness.  He waits for me to see my own errors.  He guards me until I do.

We are all on a journey to God.  I find that walking with him makes the journey much better.  He gives his angels charge to guard us.  He protects us in ways we cannot image.  When I forget that he guards and guides until I am safely back in step or until I get home.  That’s my King.

I Will Bring You Home – Michael Card

Though you are homeless
Though you're alone
I will be your home
Whatever's the matter
Whatever's been done
I will be your home
I will be your home
I will be your home
In this fearful fallen place
I will be your home
When time reaches fullness
When I move my hand
I will bring you home
Home to your own place
In a beautiful land
I will bring you home
I will bring you home
I will bring you home
From this fearful fallen place
I will bring you home
I will bring you home

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment