16 March 2015

My King – He is Strong

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am not sure what you think of when you ponder strength Dear Reader.  I fail often to remember that strength has little to do with physical prowess.  When I ponder my King I see the power, might, and strength of who he is. 

He could dismiss us from existence with a thought.  He instead chooses to love us and take on our likeness so we can be assured that he understands us.  He has the strength to command all things but yields to force of iron and wood to die.  He could force us to see the magnitude of his sacrifice but instead he asks humbly that we follow in faith.

He exercises his strength through his weakest followers.  He asks us to be his hands and feet.  He empowers us to live the Gospel and hopes that we will.  He shows his ultimate command of strength in giving us free will.  He does not force himself upon us.  He knows what is best for me.  He loves me without reservation.  He paid the price for my redemption.

In all of that, my King still chooses to let me choose or not choose him.  In the moments when I do not choose him, he does not destroy me.  He waits for me.  He uses his strength to restrain his hand and continues to wait.  He does not let anyone else take me away from him but he lets me be stubborn, obstinate, and disobedient.

Then when I realize my error he is right there.  He takes me in those strong arms and welcomes me home.  He loves me with all the blemishes and scars that are a result of my own failures.  He does not shame me.  He does not chide me.  He simple asks me to keep following.  When necessary he uses that same strength to carry me.  That’s my King…I wonder do you know him?


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment