19 March 2015

My King – Immortally Graceful

Greetings Dear Reader,

I speak often of how Christ followers are supposed to deal in grace.  What that flows from is the immortal grace of God.  It is grace that puts us into favor with God.  It is grace that causes God to continually journey to us.  It is grace that moves Christ to seek and save that which is lost. 

When I first began to follow Christ I learned a definition of grace that has stuck with me.  It is an acrostic.

God’s
Righteousness
At
Christ’s
Expense

It is grace that expresses the love of the Father to his creation through the cross.  I think that no matter how long I ruminate on it I will not comprehend the depth of God’s grace toward us.  We don’t do anything good without the grace of God that hinders us from our potential from evil.

It is grace that keeps us in good standing with God.  It is grace that extends mercy to us.  It is grace that causes God to accept us every time we reject him.  It is grace that keeps us in his hand when we try to escape.  My King deals in grace.  He uses his love to extend this immortal grace to us so that he can allow us to know him.  That’s my King.  I wonder, do you know him?

The Grace By Which I Stand – Keith Green 

Lord, the feelings are not the same
I guess I'm older, I guess I've changed
And how I wish it had been explained
That as you're growing you must remember

That nothing lasts, except the grace of God
By which I stand, in Jesus
I know that I would surely fall away, except for grace
By which I'm saved

Lord, I remember that special way
I vowed to serve You, when it was brand new
But like Peter, I can't even watch and pray
One hour with You and I bet, I could deny You too

But nothing lasts, except the grace of God
By which I stand, in Jesus
I'm sure that my whole life would waste away, except for grace
By which I'm saved

But nothing lasts, except the grace of God
By which I stand, in Jesus
I know that I would surely fall away, except for grace
By which I'm saved

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment