14 March 2015

My King – Provides for my Needs

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was young I was fascinated by anything that had to do with space.  I was entranced when I watch Neil and Buz walk on the moon.  I was disappointed when the networks stopped covering every moment of every Apollo mission.  I was thrilled when I saw the first Hubble images and I look at the new ones as they come out.

I look at the galaxies, nebulae, and vast fields of stars in awe of the amazing creativity of my King.  Jesus’ best friend, John reports that “All things were made by him (Jesus) and without him was not anything made that was made.”  This is the same King who promises to provide for my needs.  This is the same king who assures me that he has numbered the hairs on my head, knows when every sparrow falls, and gave the lilies their beauty.

My King assures me that if I follow him with all my heart I will lack nothing.  He promises that if I am truly his he will take sole responsibility for my future.  Eventually he will by his grace lead me home if I follow.  He will make all things right if I am patient.  He will provide wonders beyond what I can imagine if I simply believe and follow.

“David said, ‘The Heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork.’…No far seeing telescope can bring into visibility the coastline of His shoreless supply.”

There is no way for me to comprehend the vastness of either the cosmos or the provision of my King.  He wants me to have all that I need.  He wants me to trust in his provision.  He wants me to see his love for me through that provision.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment