28 March 2015

My King – You Can’t Outlive Him

Greetings Dear Reader,

God is eternal.  We have trouble grasping the concept of eternal because we are finite.  He exists outside of time.  This is another small dose of theology proper that I would ask you to endure.  You see, no one created God.  He has always been. 

I find this much easier to believe than I do an infinite regression of happy accidents required for the universe to exist through spontaneous evolution.  What I am more concerned about here is the implication of this eternal existence for me as a follower of Christ.

It means that my King has all things under his control.  He will not fail and he will not cease to be there.  Coupled with his omnipresence it means that he is always everywhere.  It means that time will not erode who Jesus is.  We may abandon the truth of his existence and nature but it will not change him.

The big implication for me seems selfish at times but it is also vital to an honest understanding of Jesus.  The eternal God who became a man remains an eternal God.  This same all powerful, ever-present person has a quality that changes everything.  Jesus loves me.  Yes it is an old simple song.  Yes it seems simplistic. 

The crux of the matter is that he did not have to come to us.  He could have left us to our short time, limited understanding, and self-destruction.  He could have let time consume us all.  Instead he stepped into time from eternal life to embrace death.  He did it because he loves me.  He did it because he loves you Dear Reader.

He embraced death to live out the two greatest commands.  He did it out of love for the Father and he did it out of love for his neighbors.  He did to set an example of how much we gain when we do this.  The eternal God loved us so much that he would rather die than live without us.  That’s my King.  I wonder, do you know him?

Jesus Loves Me – Michael Card (not the song that you think it is)

Jesus loves me, I know it's true
Because He died for me and He died for you
When I think of all the pain that He went through
I want the world to know and I want to shout the news

Jesus loves me, this I know
It's not just the Bible that tells me so
I can feel it, feel it in my soul
Jesus loves me, this I know

Jesus loves me, how can it be
That the only Son of God should care for me
To take away my sin and set me free
To take my life and make it all, it's meant to be

Jesus loves me, this I know
It's not just the Bible that tells me so
I can feel it, feel it in my soul
Jesus loves me, this I know

Jesus loves me, He loves you too
You can't understand it all just believe it's true
He'll take away your old heart, give you one that's new
You'll feel the walls come down as His love comes breaking through

Jesus loves me, this I know
It's not just the Bible that tells me so
I can feel it, feel it in my soul
Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me
Jesus loves me, this I know

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment