05 March 2015

The Boundaries of Faith - Provision

Greetings Dear Reader,

When my four year old Grandson wants something and is told no he will say that he, “really really really really really” wants it.  He thinks that the multiple “really” will somehow get him what he wishes.  At the heart of his really wanting is the knowledge that his parents can provide what wants.

His parents have the wisdom to distinguish between his wants and needs.  They provide for his needs and when appropriate his wants.  They have the wisdom to distinguish between needs and wants for him where he does not. 

I think that we set a boundary on our faith in this area.  Paul tells us that “My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus.”  Do we really trust that God will supply our needs?  He does not always give us what we want.  He will richly fill our needs.

When we put up a boundary to our faith in this we try to solve thing on our own.  God wants us to depend on him.  He wants us to define our needs through his standards.  He wants my desires to be in line with his desires.  When I seek Christ first it is easy for my desires to be tempered by that.

I have seen God provide when there seemed no way for the provision to come around.  In my darkest hours I have not been alone.  The only time when I felt my needs were not met were when I failed to have faith in God’s provision.  It is a boundary to my belief that God will provide that often keeps me from seeing when he already has.

The other times I fail to see it is when I confuse what I really really really WANT with a need.  God does bless me and give me things I just want.  That does not mean he will give me everything I want.  He is not bound by my whims.  I have to have faith that he knows what is best for me. 

If I truly have faith that God is caring for me then I can depend on him to meet my needs.  It is my responsibility not to put a boundary between us by doubting him.  I have seen his provision in the past.  I need to remember it when I doubt.  You see, God really really really really really wants me to count on him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment