06 March 2015

The Boundaries of Faith - Relationships

Greetings Dear Reader,

I often ponder the way in which friendships edge and flow.  It troubles me greatly that lasting relationships are harder to forge.  It frightens me that marriage vows have become transitory so easily abandoned.

Faith is to be the suture that binds our relationships.   In faith we bind ourselves together depending upon God to give us the unity we need.  That is how it should be for us as Christ followers.  Instead we set boundaries on our faith in relationships. 

We forge friendships but do not trust our faith to help be a true friend.  We take marriage vows and walk away from them when things do not unfold as we planned.  We fail to have faith that God will work things as he knows are best.  Our boundaries in faith keep us from seeing through the hard times so that we can see God’s work.

I must be good to others.  I must keep my part of a relationship centered on my faith in Christ.  I must deal with others in love, grace, and forgiveness even when they wrong me.  By faith I can find the power and strength to crush the barriers that others raise.  By faith and following I can love beyond the boundaries that I am naturally inclined to erect. 

My personal desires do not matter when it comes to honoring my relationships with others.  It is love through faith that must guide me.  I must move toward Christ.  I must follow and be faithful to my friends.  After all if my benchmark as a Christ follower is love then cannot lovingly abandon my friends and family.    

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment