11 April 2015

Talismans – Small Desk Caddie

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a father there are moments from your children that remain with you forever.  One of mine is a moment initiated by my younger Son, Bezel.  When Bezel was in year one of primary school we were still living in the south.  The small town had a single school and it had craft and gift fairs regularly. 

On one such occasion Bezel bought me a small desk caddie.  It is made of plastic, holds three pens or pencils, and has swing out cubbies for paper clips and the like.  Currently it holds some other talismans that fit it well.

The significance of this particular talisman is that it is the first gift that Bezel ever gave me from his own funds and heart.  I was working as a college professor and he said he wanted me to keep it on my desk so I would pray for him.  It has been on my desk or very near it ever since.

Every time I look at it I pray for Bezel.  More it reminds me to have a loving and giving heart.  It reminds of the depth of compassion and love my Son has for others.  It brings to the forefront that I must be giving, compassionate, and loving.  It reminds me that no matter how little I have I can always find a way to give to others.  It reminds me that I always need prayer.

This power talisman has so little value to the world.  It only cost Bezel a dollar over twenty years ago.  At that time, however, a dollar was all he had.  My Son gave all he had so that I would remember to pray for him.  Another Son, Jesus gave all so that we could have our prayers heard by the Father.  How could I fail to pray when two Sons gave so much for the sake of it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



1 comment:

  1. On one such occasion Bezel bought me a small desk caddie. It is made of plastic, holds three pens or pencils, and has swing out cubbies for ... esmalldesk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete