13 April 2015

Talismans – Tiny Globe

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things I have been taught since I first began to follow Christ is to think globally.  One of my Talismans is a small globe encased in acrylic.  It reminds me that my responsibility to Christ is the entire world.  The apostle John makes it clear the Jesus came because of God’s love for the world.

I have friends on every continent (Yes I even have a friend who is a researcher in Antarctica).  Some of them are there as missionaries.  They work as teachers, translators, doctors, and other professions.  Their primary purpose, however, is the live and share the Gospel. 

This talisman reminds to pray.  It reminds me to have compassion for the ones who are in places where life is harsh and a struggle.  It reminds to pray for my friends and the work they do to make the world a better place.  It brings to the forefront that I have it very good compared to most of the world and I need to be thankful for that.

This globe also reminds me just how much the Gospel is alive in the world.  There is not a continent where I do not personally know a Christ follower.  I am never alone in my fight for faith and following.  I never walk the journey without fellow travelers.  I must always keep in mind those who follow and those who need to follow.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment