23 May 2015

Love Your Enemies – Enemy Friends

Greetings Dear Reader,

One thing that perplexes me is that we treat our friends like enemies.  And in either instance I do not mean that we are treating them with love.  We gossip, slander, lie, and betray.  We give our word and break it.  We do damage on purpose.

We go to war with people we are supposed to love: friends, family, siblings, and spouses.  We allow conflict to live and nurture it through actions and neglect.  We replace unconditional love with intentional cruelty. 

Everything about this is contrary to who we are supposed to be as Christ followers.  We are supposed to be kind, tender hearted, loving, and peaceful.  Our for each other is supposed to be an example that draws others to Christ.  Our benchmark is supposed to be our love for each other.

When we walk away from Christ, our friends, and our family for any reason we are holding that reason above our obligation to love.  Without unconditional love I am nothing.  There is nothing I do that truly matters if I do it without love.

All war, abuse, violence, want, and neglect occurs because we love something more than we love each other.  We choose our own desire, comfort, or journey over following in faith and love.  We destroy others, even friends and family to do so.

Everything about who I am supposed to be requires me to show love and kindness as my first response.  When I act selfishly or dishonestly I do not.  When I treat others badly for my own interests I abandon my love for Christ and others to do it.  That is the essence of following.  I must love you no matter what.  I get to love you no matter what.  I am privileged to love you no matter what.

Wond’ring Aloud – Jethro Tull

Wond'ring aloud --
how we feel today.
Last night sipped the sunset --
my hands in her hair.
We are our own saviours
as we start both our hearts beating life
into each other.

Wond'ring aloud --
will the years treat us well.
As she floats in the kitchen,
I'm tasting the smell
of toast as the butter runs.
Then she comes, spilling crumbs on the bed
and I shake my head.
And it's only the giving
that makes you what you are.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment