26 June 2015

Figuring Out God – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We ponder God whether we believe in him or not.  It requires thinking to get to the place where we choose to believe or not believe.  I have met people who have said on the subject that they have not thought about it. 

It takes me back sometimes when I think I have God figured out.  I really do not want to have God figured out or understood or boxed up in any way.  I want to know him.  I want an intimate relationship that defines who I am.  I do not, however, want to ever think I have plumed the depth of who God is.

I often think that one of the mistakes we make with people is thinking we have them figured out.  We limit who a person is or can be by our failing to see the intricacies of others.  We put people in a box based on past behavior.

We do the same to God.  We decide who he is and how he does things.  We choose how he thinks and will act.  We assume that our view is the view.  I think that God likes to surprise us.  I think that he is so much more than we can imagine. 

I want to ponder this for a bit as I walk.  I need a bigger view.  I need an ever expanding one if I am to journey well.  Let me know what you are thinking Dear Reader as we discuss this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment