20 June 2015

How do you Feel – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have watched some people very dear to me journey through some extreme pain over the last year.  One of them has been honest and open with me about how he feels as in the midst of his turmoil.

It made me realize just how often Christ followers fail to express real feelings regarding the tragic and painful.  There is this unspoken (usually) rule that Christ followers are supposed to be happy.  We respond to expressed pain with platitudes that rarely help and deny real pain its lease.

David knew how to express his hurt, frustration, and anger with God in ways that led to resolution.  The impact of not dealing honestly with how we feel is very damaging.  It can work tendrils into all areas of our lives.

I want to always allow others to be.  I want to see the need of others to express their feelings without pretense and fear.  It can be difficult to hear the pain of others.  We do not always know what to say.  We need to accept that not being able to fix does not mean we cannot help.

I need to examine how I interact with the hearts of others.  I need to assure that I am honest with how I feel without letting my feelings and fears control me.  It is vital to assure that I am honest and honorable in dealing with feeling.  It is part of the human condition.   The walk may be difficult but it will be worth the effort.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment