15 June 2015

The Best of Times; the Worst of Times – Gain (not the detergent)

Greetings Dear Reader,

I must respect the gift this place has been as I turn it from a home to a house.  There have been many best of times here.  I cannot do them justice in this brevity. I can, however, reminisce and pass along some of the joy.

As I mentioned yesterday we came to this house to create a safe home for Christmas.  She has learned, grown, and healed greatly these years.  I am proud of her work, friendships, faith, and dreams.

Each year save one we have had a Christmas open house.  That year was the year that Christmas and I both caught a terrible flu and had to cancel.  Other years have seen friends and family join us for good food and merry conversation.  One year we had a blizzard erupt during the party.  We were privileged to host some of our guests overnight.    

My smaller circle of friends had shared long nights of gaming, cookouts, and talk around the fire pit.  The gaming and feasting will still be possible but my new abode will not allow for a fire pit. 

I have done some fine writing here.  I have honed my craft and cemented my goals.  I have gained confidence in the craft.  I will be devoting more time to this and try to make them best times. 

Each room in this place holds true beautiful best of times for me.  I will not dishonor them by failing to remember.  I will not leave them behind.  I will seek to find way to create new beautiful things.  I have gained from being here.  I will assure that I always feel gratitude for that gain.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment