30 July 2015

Entertaining Angels – Closing Thoughts



Greetings Dear Reader,

Christ followers often test as paranoid on most large psychology tests.  We believe we have an unseen enemy.  We believe an invisible force is controlling things.  We believe we are always being watched. 

All these things are true.  We need to treat the beings we see well for the sake of doing that.  We also need to do it because there is a vast sea of others watching us.  God gave his best for us to have life.  He let his Son die.  The rest of sentient creation watches to see what we do with this. 

What this leaves me with is yet another reason to be kind to others.  It leaves me with another purpose to obey the commands to love God and love my fellow humans.  It keeps coming back to this.  If I am to love God properly I have to love all humans including strangers.

I have to remember that all this is for God’s purposes.  He is unfolding his universe in the way he wishes.  I get to play a part but it is the part I am assigned.  He even lets me have the choice on how I play it.  I have control only over my choices.  It is the choice to love others unconditionally that gets me into the right place. 

“Be careful how you treat strangers.  Some had entertained angels without knowing it.”  You see they long to look into why God would pay for the party with his dearest blood.  They count on us to help them understand.  After all even though it is not about us, God made about us by doing just that.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment