21 July 2015

Setting Standards for Feelings – Emotional Storms

Greetings Dear Reader,

So often we think we have dealt with negative feelings.  We have thought through or talked through a situation.  We have forgiven the other person.  Then like a hot summer afternoon the storm pops back up stealing all of our composure.

These emotional storms if handled properly can be very beneficial.  They are opportunities to regulate our reactions and responses.  These instances test our resolve not to be ruled by out passions. 

Sometimes we have not truly forgiven.  We must assure that we do.  Sometimes the fault is our as we crave something we should not.  Sometimes we have not truly addressed out feelings on a matter and our emotional well is full.

There can be physiological reasons.  Whatever the case storms of emotion will come.  We must not let them dominate and we must let them pass.  We must feel the storm but never let it rule us.

Our senses require us to feel every moment.  We are supposed to live in the moment.  The storms that will erupt must not control me.  They must force me to confront my heart honestly.  They must not devour me.  I must turn to my faith to handle my feelings.  I can weather the storms but only if I do so in faith.  If I do then the lightning, wind, and rain can be very beautiful indeed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment