09 August 2015

Home to House – Arranging Things - Technology

Greetings Dear Reader,

Any move requires that one arrange and redirect things.  I arranged my internet connection over a month ago.  I am transitioning providers and so needed to arrange equipment pickup at the former house.

The company explained that they would pick up the equipment but that they would not give a specific time.  I needed to take the day off to do some other things so this was not an issue.  I left a note on the door for the technician explaining that I was at home and that he should come in.

He arrived at 10:00 in the morning and collected the gear.  I went about my day knowing that this piece of the business was concluded.  I checked it off the list and moved on to the next task of the day.

Earlier this week I received a bill from this former provider as my final bill.  A letter accompanied it expressing how sorrowful they were to lose my business.  The bill included $560 in charges for un-returned equipment.   I will need to spend time this week setting the vendor on the right path.

The lesson is that even when we do everything correctly there will be issues.  No matter how good our intentions and actions there will be challenges.  It is the way of the world.  My responsibility is to respond properly.  

I must quell the visceral response to see all those who work for the provider as plague ridden vermin.  They are all humans whom God loves.  I must love them too.  Someone simply made an error.  I must then remember that when I deal with the people on the phone, no matter who difficult they are that they have to deal with jerks (even more people that God loves) all day long.

My perspective must be that this thing too is arranged.  I know I will not have to pay the extra funds.  I must not let my anger or fear control me.  I have an opportunity to be kind to a stranger in a difficult circumstance.  That is indeed what I am designed for and equipped to do.  He must increase and I must decrease.

Less of Me – Glen Campbell

Let me be a little kinder. Let me be a little blinder.
To the faults of those about me, let me praise a little more.
Let me be, when I am weary, just a little bit more cheery.
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.
Let me be a little braver when temptation bids me waver.
Let me strive a little harder to be all that I should be.
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker.
Let me think more of my neighbor and a little less of me.
Let me be, when I am weary, just a little bit more cheery.
Let me serve a little better those that I am striving for.
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment