20 August 2015

Home to House – Empty Hallways

Greetings Dear Reader,

The house that once was a home feels almost empty.  So friends helped us get more things moved last evening.  I think I have had my last meal there.  The reality of it clings to me like Marley’s money boxes. 

The new place is still quite unsettled and I have to get things moved to make space for the furniture on Saturday.  After that the settling of the new place begins in earnest.  I am thankful for the friends who gave up an evening to help me.  It not only a blessing but reminded me of the way in which God cares for us.

I need to move in faith that God will care for me.  “Will it see me safe through my journey or leave me bogged in the mire? “  This fitful fire fueling the crucible in which I find myself fosters fear.   It puts me in the place where I must follow in faith with no knowledge.   It is interesting that the key verse of my morning reading reminded me that the just must live by faith.

Faith is the place from which hope must spring.  My faith is solid but the drum of my fears keeps tempo.  I wonder if I am up to the challenge.  I know that I must be for the sake of the journey.  It is how I will find my way.  Right now, however, the empty hallways begin to echo like a dirge. 

Heart Hotels – Dan Fogelberg

Well there's too many windows
in this old hotel
And rooms filled with reckless pride
And the walls have grown sturdy
And the halls have worn well
But there is nobody living inside
Nobody living inside...

Gonna pull in the shutters
On this heart of mine
Roll up the carpets and pull
in the blinds
And retreat to the chambers that
I left behind
In hopes there still may be
Love left to find
Still may be love left to find.

Seek inspiration in daily affairs
Now your soul is in trouble
and requires repairs
And the voices you hear at the
top of the stairs
Are only echoes of unanswered prayers;
Echoes of unanswered prayers.

Well there's too many windows
in this old hotel
And rooms filled with reckless pride
And the walls have grown sturdy
And the halls have worn well
But there is nobody living inside
Nobody living inside...

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment