06 August 2015

Home to House – Oceanus Procellarum

Greetings Dear Reader,

At times I feel like my emotions are banging on all cylinders.   As I attempt to get all things moved and settled there are moments of upheaval that are unavoidable.  Opening boxes is sometimes dangerous.  Putting dreams in boxes is always painful.

I need to remember that the circumstances never determine who I am.   They will, however, show who I am.   They will reveal what is at the core.  If my faith is not at the center of my choices I will not endure this sea of storms or the coming dead calm.  I do not know which is worse.

I know that people are worried about me.  I am determined to face this in faith and learn from it.  I have plans but they are not substantive yet.  The weekend may yield some of that substance if I can manage it.  I will find a way to do what I must.

No matter what we do as Christ followers we must always respond to what it done to us in the same way.  By “to us” I do not mean with malice or intent, but rather how the choices of others impact us.  How we respond to those things is what reveals our faith.  When we fail, how we respond to that failure reveals our willingness to follow.

I have and will fail.  I must immediately do what is right.  I must immediately choose to follow no matter the cost.  It is the only way the ship stays afloat.  After all, the safest place for a starship is space dock, but that is not what star ships are meant for.

The Water Lets You In – Books of Fears

Young man goes out looking
For the diamond in the sea.
Old man rows his boat to shore
And falls on twisted knees.

And you'll drown before
The water lets you in...
You'll drown before
The water lets you in...

The feeling that I fear the most
Is the one that follows me.
All across the starry coast
From sea to dying sea. It says...

You'll drown before
The water lets you in...
You'll drown before
The water lets you in...

I think the thing i've wanted most
Was just never meant to be.
A thousand waves, a thousand ghosts
Their sorrows follow me.

And you'll drown before
The water lets you in...
You'll drown before
The water lets you in...

oh horrible, oh horrible day.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment