15 August 2015

Home to House - A Pause to Revel

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today I will celebrate the marriage of two friends.  Last night at the rehearsal dinner it was joyful to learn some new things about my friends.  It was good to hear people who have known the groom far longer than I speak of his good character.

I do not often attend weddings.  I take seriously the responsibility to support the marriage that I witness.  I feel right about supporting these two as they attempt to forge a life together.  I have already spent time praying for them.

So today my focus is on others.  I pray for them both for the day and the life.  I ask that the Lord of Life permeate them and draw them ever closer to him.  I ask for fair skies today and fair sailing as they set out.  I with them great joy in their journey.

The Wedding – Michael Card

Lord of light, oh, come to this wedding
Take the doubt and darkness away
Turn the water of lifeless living
To the wine of gladness we pray

Mother Mary's gently requesting
That you might do whatever you can
Though she may be impatient she loves you
And so she asks what she can't understand

Lord of light, oh, come to this wedding
Take the doubt and darkness away
Turn the water of lifeless living
To the wine of gladness we pray

So amidst the laughter and feasting
There sits Jesus full with the fun
He has made them wine because He is longing
For a wedding that's yet to come.

Lord of light, oh, come to this wedding
Take the doubt and darkness away
Turn the water of lifeless living
To the wine of gladness we pray

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment