27 August 2015

The Road – Wandering Youth

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was first in my teen years I had access to a large wooded area and most of the entertainment I valued was within walking distance.  I ranged far and often in those days.  I was lean and adventurous.  That all changed at one point.

I have not thought of that time in decades.  As I ponder those days and my forthcoming journey ahead I am reminded of the few times in my life where solitude was a welcome companion. 

How to recapture the contentment of that time eludes me.  There is damage and isolation in the years between that impact it.  Some of the things that hinder me are my own doing.  Some of the hindrances are circumstances outside of my control.

Then again I cannot truly control anything but my responses.  I must find the place in me that made good use of the time and recapture it.  I need to allow Christ to recapture this part of me and revive it if he wills. 

Since it is all a journey back to God I must allow the journey in me to awaken and unfold.  I must recapture the elusive ability to find joy in the journey no matter what is around me. 

Recapture Me – Michael Card  

Fleeing what I do not know
Recapture me, recapture me
I flee to where I cannot go
Recapture me

The bridge between my heart and mind
Recapture me, recapture me
You come across myself to find
Recapture me

You come and knock on imaginations door
You come to show to
To know You is what eyes and ears are for

With ears that hear but not receive
Recapture me, recapture me
With eyes that see but can't perceive
Recapture me

Your paradox and poetry
Recapture me, recapture me
You speak one sacred certainty
Recapture me

You come and knock on imaginations door
You come to show to, to know You is
What eyes and ears are for
To know You is what eyes and ears are for

Through prophets madness make me wise
Recapture me, recapture me
Through foolish faith open my eyes
Recapture me

With sacred words, with silent words
Recapture me, recapture me
You're the living Word that must be heard
Recapture me

Recapture me
Recapture, recapture me

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment