21 September 2015

Already and the not yet – Working for the Weekend

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am always amazed at the number of social posts complaining about Monday.   My Daughter put up at least two yesterday.  We dread Monday and live for the weekends.  We sacrifice the potential joy of the already trying to get to the not yet.

If Monday were not a day of work we would hate Tuesday.  If we worked four days a week instead of three (I have done this.), we would still not like it.  Our fallen nature is opposed to work. 

I think that part of this comes from working in jobs we hate but feel we have no option.   I know people who love the work they and Monday is just another day to live out their dreams.  It is a day that the Lord has made and we should rejoice and be glad in it.

If I live for the weekend then I am not living in the already.  If I embrace each day as a day to encourage another soul, love the world and the Father, and follow Christ as closely as possible.  I must live a life that reflects Christ in every day.  I must pursue him and not a future time where I think I will be happier.

If I live in each moment; in the already for Christ then I can forge a continually improving not yet.  That is what matters. Focus on living for Christ in the moment yields a not yet that is filled with a multitude of moments that are Christ centered.  That is a Monday or any day worth living.  

A Week of Moments – Ian Anderson

A week of moments a clutch of days
Ten thousand minutes of a Passion Play.
Medley of quavers informs the tune.
Its all too much: over all too soon.

Sweet condensation on chilling wine
Travelers palm, flamboyant tree
Fast photos ripped and lost consign
A week of moments to faint memory.

A week of moments plucked from the page
Found far horizons, a sunset stage.
Suitcases bulge, in silence packed
A chapter closed: no looking back.

The lightest touch upon my arm
No fierce restraint, no call to stay.
Hushed room maids glide like pawns to king
With pool attendants in chess piece array.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment