09 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Strength

Greetings Dear Reader,

I recently had someone tell me that he/she was too tired to love others unconditionally.  We break when we try to love others in our own strength.  We fail when we try to do anything in our own strength. 

I know that I do not have the strength to do the things I must.  I look at the place in which I live and know that I will not “get used” to it as some have suggested.  I see decaying faith around me and it tries to steal my rest.  I hurt for a world that needs to see God’s love so deeply. 

Left to my own devices I am evil, wicked, selfish, and cunning.   The strength to do right even when it hurts comes from Christ.  The strength to do right to others even when they betray my trust come from Christ.  The strength to forgive and continue to love comes from Christ.

I feel weak and alone today.  My response must be to dive deeper into Christ.  I must find my strength in him to do what is right no matter how much it hurts.  Perhaps I am in a valley that hinders me seeing how close I am to a clearer view.  Even today, however, there are fireflies of joy in what feels like suffocating darkness. 

I choose Christ and following him.  Freedom from all of this is only found in obeying Christ.  I merely need the strength to do it.  Christ promises to give me that because he is my strength.

Joy in the Journey – Michael Card

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey
And all those who seek it shall find it
A pardon for all who believe
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind
To all who've been born of the Spirit
And who share incarnation with Him
Who belong to eternity stranded in time
And weary of struggling with sin
Forget not the hope that's before you
And never stop counting the cost
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost
There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey
And freedom for those who obey

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment