13 October 2015

A Feverish Reflection

Greetings Dear Reader,

So I avoided the illness that has been sweeping my coworkers for over a month.  It has finally found me and forced me to rest.  Since I love what I do missing it for the sake of a fever and the sniffles seems an intrusion.

The truth, however, is that I probably am pushing myself too hard.  I probably need the rest.  So a couple of days of hot soup, hot tea, and rest are in order.  I like that it gives me time to pray.  I like that it lets me catch up on my reading.

I hate feeling that I have to nap.  I hate naps.  When I am sick I am always glad I did.  I think that following Christ in all of this is a lesson in yieldedness.  It is a reminder of how little I control.  It is a call to follow in faith that I cannot be everything I want to be without taking care of my health.

Even in the obedience of rest I can follow.  So that is what I will do. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment