04 October 2015

Forgetting Who God Is – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

God is so much more than I can pack into my meager scribblings.  I want to remember who he is daily.  I want to remember who he is in every moment.  I do not want to mistake the gift of free will for absenteeism or silence.

My life is a journey back to God.  We are all on the same journey whether we wish it or not.  Our lives belong to God whether we acknowledge him or not.  The internal war is to follow or merely arrive in his presence.  I do not wish to merely arrive.

God does not force us to him.  He draws us.  He does not demand our companionship.  He asks for it.  When we reject, deny, and disbelieve we are pursuing things for which we were never created.  We try to justify this by dismissing God, our creation, and the very value of human life.  We disavow the supernatural and miraculous. 

If we relegate God to the place of the puerile and uniformed it is much easier to ignore his constant call.  We can be dismissive of those who represent Christ honestly and humbly.  We can treat faith as a matter for children and the uniformed.

I, however, am required to love.  I am required to follow in faith and believe that God is who he says he is.  I believe he is so much more than we can grasp.  He is so far beyond who I dream him to be for my sake.  I must remember daily that he is who he claims to be and not some fairytale. 

It will become dangerous to believe.  Sometimes it feels like it already is.  I can no longer count on following Christ as a guide for the world in which I live both universally and locally.  I can only commit my heart to love for and faith in the God who is there.  I can be assured that God is with me.  I can count on him to show me my errors and enhance my good.  When the whole world turned against God he required his followers to love him, each other, their enemies.  Everything else is built on this.  That is who God is.

Lovers in a Dangerous Time – Bruce Cockburn

Don't the hours grow shorter as the days go by
You never get to stop and open our eyes
One minute you're waiting for the sky to fall
The next you're dazzled by the beauty of it all
Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time

These fragile bodies of touch and taste
This fragrant skin this hair like lace
Spirits open to the thrust of grace
Never a breath you can afford to waste

Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time

When you're lovers in a dangerous time
Sometimes you're made to feel as if your love's a crime
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight
When you're lovers in a dangerous time

Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time
Lovers in a dangerous time

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment