26 October 2015

I’m a Soul Man – Constitutional Issues

Greetings Dear Reader,

It occurs to me that no matter what belief system one adopts if that system focuses on the soul and it eternal nature it also focuses on peace and kindness.  It is common that the eternal view leads to long term thinking about our lives, the world, and our actions.

The problem is a constitutional one.  We are a soul.  We are eternal and the choices we make have an eternal impact.  If we deny that then we are not seeing our constitution accurately.  When we put the body above the soul then we tend to care for our wants over what is best for us.

Some people manage to care for their soul without faith.  Many do not.  The accountability factor is important.  It is more important to see that there is something beyond ourselves.  The journey is not just the brief voyage of the body from cradle to grave.  It is the transmigration of the soul during that time that is eternal.

We neglect the soul and then over-indulge the body.  We live for what we want instead of what we need.  It does not matter if we simply embrace a non-eternal view or dive into the greater vices.  It impacts us and how we treat others.

The solution to the so many problems is admitting that I have a problem.  My soul must be invested in the eternal.  I must see everyone as eternal.  I do my best to do that.  Every life matters both soul and body.  If I hope to follow Christ then I will live as if everyone is eternal.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment