24 October 2015

Kangaroo in a Pram

Greetings Dear Reader,

First let me explain that a pram is a stroller.  Improvements in the design and function of these have made the old ones from my youth scarce.  This is why when I saw the one I was it caught my attention.

My Daughter Christmas had recently come to live with us from Australia.  She was missing things Australian. In an attempt to cheer her up we were going to the movies   we were seeing the movie Australia.  I always arrive at the theatre early so I can get the seats I want.

We settled into our seats and were discussing how we could combat her sadness.  This was when I saw a couple come in with the large old pram.  They settled under one of the sconces and were cast in a dim but discernible light.  I looked carefully and was sure the “child” in the pram was odd looking at best.  Then I was sure it was an adolescent kangaroo.

I made certain before pointing it out to Christmas.  She did not believe and did not even look in that direction.  I had to insist.  I could see the hurt in her eyes as she thought I was playing a cruel joke on her.  Then she looked, gasped, and leapt from here seat.  She then caught herself.  She was not far enough removed from having someone control her every action to just go.  I nodded and she went.  The remainder of before the movie and some time after the movie was spent in deep discussion with the owners of the Joey.      

The young kangaroo was being trained as a companion animal.  Christmas was filled with excitement and joy at the serendipitous meeting.  Her loneliness for familiar things was abated.  My understanding that God knows our need sooner than we do was renewed.

I have seen things for which the coincidence factor is untenable.  I do not believe in chance or happenstance.  I do forget sometimes just how deeply God is involved in everything.  I need to recall this when I feel discouraged or uncertain.   The Father will supply all of my needs.  All I need do is follow in faith. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment