18 October 2015

Listen and Silent – A Clutch

Greetings Dear Reader,

My current vehicle is the first I have had in twenty years that was not a manual transmission.  Over the years I have taught many people how to drive a manual shifting car. In doing this I learned some lessons about silence.

The gas is responsive and communicates.  When one applies the gas the engine revs.  The clutch is silent and requires trust.  The clutch engages and does its job without saying anything.  There are rules we lean ahead of time.  There is a right way to apply the gas and release the clutch.  We learn to time the silence in harmony with the release to create the motion we need.  The clutch asks us to trust the silence and just engage.  We have to do to get the results.

God often asks the same of us.  He has laid out the rules and requirements.  He asks us to trust the silence.  He requires that we engage in faith.  He insists that we move forward trusting the silence and listening for the evidence in that silence.

If I am to follow properly then I must engage the silence.  I must engage the movement of God within that silence.  This is how I give hands and feet to my faith.  It is how I live it out without burning bushes and parting seas. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment