19 October 2015

Listen and Silent – Not Listening

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is one of those things that as a species we seem to be losing.  We do not listen to each other.  We argue.  We fight.  We war.  We do not really listen.  We want to say our part, position, and piece but in our demand to be heard we do not remember that others must be heard as well.

Fully engaged listening communicates so much to others.  It is one of the ways in which we can communicate love, respect, and compassion.  It also helps the listener to understand and ask good questions.  It helps the listener think about others rather than be self-centered.

Christ followers should be seen a real listeners.  Listening does not equal agreement or approval.  Genuine listening does not hurt us.  It does not compromise us.  It does make it clear to others that we are engaged and that we care.  It does give us a path to see the needs of others.

I know I am good at listening.  I am not always good at making sure others know I am listening.  Sometimes my multitasking makes it appear that I am not listening.  Sometimes I do not really listen.  I must see the gift that someone being real with me.is.  I must love and respect that gift.  I must listen as I would have others listen to me.  It really is that simple.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment