20 October 2015

Listen and Silent – Strategy of Silence

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not argue over theology.  I used to do and do so well.  Then it occurred to me that we are not to quarrel over words.  We are not supposed to be argumentative but rather to let the good we do speak for us. 

I see this as a strategy of silence.  Not everyone gets that.  I still encounter people who want to argue theology with me when they learn that I have studied it.  I must not engage in argument.  Even if I win the argument I do damage to the cause.  God does not need my intellect, energy, and wit to make himself known to others.

He does need my example, service, and sacrifice for others.  He does use my silent love and compassion.   Not everyone will hear me.  I cannot always meet the expectations of others.  People expect me to be and do certain things.  Those things do not always line up with my beliefs or with how Christ followers who are supposed to live.

When others engage in boasting, arguing, or condemning others based on theology I abstain or I try to take the position of what we are supposed to represent.  Silence has lease to listen, hear, and be compassionate.  Silence is the strategy whereby others can see the Gospel without me getting in the way.

There are those who want me to engage in argument.  I can speak to the reason for the hope I have.  That is not the same as arguing.  I must speak love into the lives of others by being silent and living righteously.  I must perfect my life.  I must use silence to earn the right to be heard.

Stillness and Simplicity – Michael Card

In stillness and simplicity
In the silence of the heart I see
The mystery of eternity
Who lives in side of me

In stillness and simplicity
I hear the Spirit's silent plea
That You, oh Lord, are close to me
In stillness and simplicity

You're the Word
Who must be heard
By those who listen quietly
Is the reason we're not still

To hear You speak because
We don't believe You will
In stillness and simplicity
I lose myself in finding Thee

Oh Lord, You mean so much to me
In stillness and simplicity
So, seek the One who dwells in you
The kingdom that within is true

That innermost reality
In stillness and simplicity

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment