08 October 2015

Music that Moves Me – Point of Know Return

Greetings Dear Reader,

I value knowledge very highly.  With knowledge comes responsibility.  Many years of study and research have led to a faith that is founded in reason.  My faith is reasonable.  I have studied theology most of my adult life. 

I often forget the level of accountability this brings.  I am accountable for over eighty hours of training in Bible and theology.  I have a vast library about God and the things of God.  I have knowledge but must not lean on that alone.

Knowledge without application only yields pride.  It must be accompanied with honesty and wisdom.  I must have humility as its constant companion.  I must still follow in faith. 

There comes a point, however, where we know what truth is.  We will deny it. We will run from it.  We will avoid dealing with it.  We know that God is there but we will deny that we have reached a point of no return in dealing with him and his love for us.

I don’t need another sermon or Bible class.  I know God is there and that following him is the only honest past.  When I fail to apply this knowledge I also fail at life.  When I follow in faith it never lets me down.  This song always reminds me that I have reached a point of knowledge from which I cannot return.  It reminds me that anything outside of following Christ is dust in the wind.


I heard the men saying something
The captains tell they pay you well
And they say they need sailing men to
Show the way, and leave today
Was it you that said, "How long, how long?"

They say the sea turns so dark that
You know it's time, you see the sign
They say the point demons guard is
An ocean grave, for all the brave,
Was it you that said, "How long, how long,
How long to the point of know return?"

Your father, he said he needs you
Your mother, she says she loves you
Your brothers, they echo your words:
"How far to the point of know return?"
"Well, how long?"

Today I found a message floating
In the sea from you to me
It said that when you could see it
You cried with fear, the Point was near
Was it you that said, "How long, how long
To the Point of Know Return?"

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment