06 October 2015

Music that Moves Me – The Prayer of Saint Francis

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have walked through the Prayer of Saint Francis at length in August of 2011.  It is the writing that kick-started my attempt to blog daily.  This song, more than most centers me.  It reminds me of all that I am supposed to be.   The structure allows one to loop it over and over without there seeming to be anything in-between but a shore rest.

I have hummed this over and over on days when I struggle with following Christ.  I have sung it with joy when I am seeing the joy in my journey with Christ.  It is one of the songs I have put on my headphones at night when sleep eludes me.  These beautiful words of a yielded heart force me to take my eyes off of my concerns and seek to love others. 

These fourteen lines and the voice of Sarah Mclachlan combine to create a soothing inspiring moment.  Those moments can take me over a rough patch or help me enjoy pleasant travels.  This music moves me along the path in a beautiful way.  

The Prayer of Saint Francis – Sarah Mclachlan

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon:
Where there is doubt, faith ;
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
Where there is sadness, joy

O divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment