05 November 2015

On Prayer – Adoration

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am sure that adoration is a word one does not often hear.  We also use the word worship.  We use these words to define our recognition of who God is in relation to us.  It is the difference between office and role.  No matter what I may think or feel in a given moment, God is God.  He is the Creator.  When asked by Moses what name could be given for him he chose an eternal now; I AM. 

Who he is makes him worthy of worship.  That he transcends that to establish an intimate loving relationship with us makes him doubly worthy of my adoration.  Like petulant children we withhold things from the Father when we do not like the way life unfolds.  I try in those moments to show more love for the Father so that I do not lose my way.

If I begin with a clear understanding of who God is in my prayer then I can tap into the humility and focus necessary to pray effectively.   The King of all creation allows me to call him Father because he sacrificed his only true Son to redeem me.  That alone should set my perspective when I approach God each morning. 

Remembering who I am in relation to God should wear away my pride and arrogance.  It should put me in the right perspective to see all that good in my life and the needs of others.  It should quell my anger and resentment of things.  It can center me in the universe if I allow it to do so.

Pride and arrogance can distract me from worshiping God properly.  I see how quickly that can lead to bitterness and resentment.  I see how rapidly it can erode my faith.  Failing to stand or kneel in the place where I see God for who he is causes me to fail to see others as they are; loved, in need, and equal.

I cannot obey the greatest command to love God with all that I am if I will not worship him for all he is.   

Here I am to Worship – Chris Tomlin

Light of the world
You stepped down into darkness.
Opened my eyes, let me see.
Beauty that made this heart adore You
Hope of a life spent with You

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me

King of all days
Oh, so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came
To the earth You created
All for love's sake became poor

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me

I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross
I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment