10 November 2015

On Prayer – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Prayer serves me when I may time for it.  It works.  It helps me see my flaws and opens my heart to the needs of others.  It centers me on following Christ.  It builds my faith.  It becomes natural to be in that mindset daily throughout the day.

I am commanded to pray.  I am given examples by Christ.  He prayed for us.  When I do not communicate with my Father then I feel distant from him.  I begin to internalize things in an unhealthy way. 

The lack of a human father with whom I could say what I felt about things has damaged my ability to communicate with men.  I am learning to get past this but it is hard.  I realize that the Father is different and wants to hear from me. 

I want my prayer to be a lifestyle and I want to remember that I can do so as I am.  I do not need any safe ground or pretense to pour out my heart to the Father.  I know I want this for my Sons do how can I not risk with the Father who sacrificed all to adopt me.

As I make the transition into my thoughts and questions on Advent I want to do so with a heart filled with prayer.  I want to live as commanded in a constant state of conversation with the Father.  I want to pray every moment possible.  I want the conversation to end with my getting past the limits of being human.  I want the first face to face encounter to be familiar and natural. 

The Father accepts me just as I am.  He wants me to come to him warts and all.  When I think of my own children I feel a shadow of this.  I love them even when they are not what I hope for them to be.  I desire their company more than I communicate.  I am lonely for them to talk to me about everything.  My flaws hind their freedom to do this.

How can I not do the same with a Father who is not flawed and cares for every little need?

Come as You Are – David Crowder

Come out of sadness 
From wherever you’ve been
Come broken hearted
Let rescue begin
Come find your mercy
Oh sinner come kneel
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t heal
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t heal

So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You’re not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are

There’s hope for the hopeless
And all those who’ve strayed
Come sit at the table
Come taste the grace
There’s rest for the weary
Rest that endures
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t cure

So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You’re not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are
Come as you are
Fall in his arms
Come as you are
There’s joy for the morning
Oh sinner be still
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t heal
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t heal

So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You’re not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart
Come as you are
Come as you are
Come as you are

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment