06 November 2015

On Prayer – Confession

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do things wrong.  So do you Dear Reader.  John, Jesus’ best friend writes that “If we say we have no sin, then we lie and the truth is not in us.”  I often think we are so far from understanding our own sin that we do not grasp its severity to God.  This same God loved us so much that even though we sin his Son died for us.

God also promises that if we acknowledge our sin he forgives us.  He cleanses us from the unrighteousness we gather along the way.  Just like I shower every morning, I spend time acknowledging the things I have done wrong.  I do this in the evening as well. 

Sometimes I have to resolve to seek someone’s forgiveness.  I must own when I transgress.  I must keep the accounts short and not let my failures accumulate.  It is the daily cleansing of my spirit that clears my hindrances to prayer.  We cannot expect to have good communication when we have offended the one with who m we converse.

We do not need to see this as a groveling begging for another chance.  It is being honest with a Father who loves us and wants us to be better tomorrow than we are today.  It is the path to a deeper richer relationship.  It is at the heart of honesty.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment