03 November 2015

On Prayer – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I talk about prayer often in terms of what I do.  I thought I would revisit some methodology.  Since we are to be in a constant state of prayer (Pray without ceasing), then that is conversational.  How I do that is rather simple.

In addition I have a time set aside in the mornings for just prayer.  This is more formal and structured.  When I think through these things I do so to assure that I do not become rote or mechanical in my interactions with God.

I always try to be aware of the danger of my faith and practice becoming dead orthodoxy.  I am also committed to the power of prayer.  It is a force for change.  It is a way to increase my faith and follow more closely.

There are many ways to pray.  I do not use prescribed prayers often.  I pray honestly from the heart.  I pray intentionally from the mind.  I do not need for others to see it or approve of it.  I find it greatly rewarding when I see the results and no one knows I was praying for the situation but God.

Walk with me as I prepare my heart to celebrate Thanksgiving and Advent.  As always your questions and thoughts are welcome Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment