04 November 2015

Second Thoughts – The End of the Path

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

When someone dies we suffer loss.  My dear friend Jenny lost her Daddy last week and she is in great pain.  I will console her where I can but the loss is real for those of us still on the journey.

Senator Fred Thompson of Tennessee also died this past week.  He is on the list of people with whom I have always wanted to have a conversation.  Once my faith is realized I will.   The end of the path is there for us all.

We will reach it when God has appointed it.  We all owe this moment of transition.  We all avoid it and deny it at times.  The specter is there and haunts us even when we are unaware.  The pain is for those left behind.

As we enter the seasons of Thanksgiving and Advent many we know will face it with pain and loss that is new and raw.  Empty chairs and absent voices will make times of joy with minor notes and unexpected tears. 

On Thursday I will go to the visitation for someone I never knew but whose life matters for me.  I will go to be there for my friend and her pain.  Every death diminishes me.  Every life matters.  Every tear is precious but the tears of loss are the most precious.

I must assure that I enter the season of Joy and Thanksgiving with a place in my heart and mind for those who carry loss into this time.  I must think of the gifts of support and kindness I can extend to them.  The journey is long enough without the losses along the way.  I must be mindful of my own joy that it does not hurt others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment: