16 December 2015

Meditations In the Christmas Story – Such Humble Signs

Merry Christmas Dear Reader,

“And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.”

A carpenter for a foster father does not mean poverty.  Being born in a cattle shed and having a manger as your crib is a very humble start.  Having shepherds as your first visitors is oddly meek. 

The Creator humbles himself to become like us so he can redeem us.   I must not neglect that humility is required to understand the Father.  Without it I cannot hope to see the magnificence of the season.   Gog resists the proud.   He gives his grace to the   humble.

I must see the humble signs of his presence and be satisfied with them.  I must find my faith in the humility that God requires.  I must celebrate with a heart of humility not pride.  My faith and hope must be rooted in this.

Away in a Manger - My Daughter’s Favorite Version

Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head.

The stars in the sky looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep in the hay.

The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus no crying he makes.

I love Thee, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.

Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And take us to heaven, to live with Thee there.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment