05 January 2016

Capturing All There Is - The Little Things

Greetings Dear Reader,

This particular thing casts a much wider net.  It is also a generality that is important.  It goes to the idea that I am accountable for all my time.  It hitches t to the thought that everything I find to do I am to do with a whole heart to God. 

Idle time is very difficult for me.  It is when the dark things raise their voices to infuse doubt and discouragement.  Hope and conviction are confronted by doubt and despair.  If I am to master this I must capture every thought.  I must live deliberately in these moments.

It matters if I leave the dishes until morning.  I have always felt this way but only recently begun to understand why.  The tiny daily disciplines keep some of the bad habits at bay.  If I render things to a bit more outer order I can avoid some of the internal chaos. 

If I am to capture all there is then the trifles perfect that.  Just as a thousand tiny disappointments can break a heart, the myriad of undone things break concentration and comfort.

I do not think that I will ever think of this place as home.  It is where I abide for now and I must use it with respect for God’s provision.  I must also use it for making things better.  I must use the time and the opportunity to further the things I am called to do and be.  I must capture all of the time.

It is always about using the time.   It is about redeeming it for the Light and staving off the encroaching darkness.  Even when I feel in tatters I can use the tiny disciplines to set the ability to do well.  It is easier to follow if there is less in the way.

Broken – Lifehouse

The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow from stealing all my time
I am here still waiting though i still have my doubts
I am damaged at best, like you've already figured out

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain, there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you

The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head
I tried my best to be guarded, I'm an open book instead
I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
That are looking for a purpose, they're still looking for life

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
with a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain (in the pain), is there healing
In your name (in your name) I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin') I'm barely holdin' on to you

I'm hangin' on another day
Just to see what you throw my way
And I'm hanging on to the words you say
You said that I will be OK

The broken lights on the freeway left me here alone
I may have lost my way now, haven't forgotten my way home

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
with a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain(In the pain) there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm barely holdin' on to you

I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm barely holdin' on to you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment