06 January 2016

Capturing All There Is - Spiritual

Greetings Dear Reader,

One would think that the spiritual aspect of following Christ with all that I am would be the easiest part.  Although faith comes easy for me there are still challenges.  Those challenges require regular attention if I am to capture all there is.

The true challenge is in the minor things.  The real challenge is in the mundane and common.  I must keep in the front of my mind that there are no secular issues.  There are no areas that are no a spiritual issue.

This does not mean that I need to speak in spiritual language about everything.  In fact that is pretty ineffective and does not always communicate well.  I need to communicate with my life and actions. 

This means that I regard everything as an act relative to my faith.  I do not have leave to compartmentalize anything.  I must assure that in the smallest things are treated as holy.  I must always have in mind that everything I do is done with life and energy from God.

All that I do belongs to the Father anyway.  Every action is an interaction with him.  How I think becomes actions so it must be my thoughts that are holy.  Every action matters so my actions must be holy.  It is all a matter of choose to capture everything for the purpose of walking more closely with Christ.  It is not my life to give away to the belief that my actions to not matter at every level.  Even the life is a gift that I must use wisely.  There are no secular issues.

It Ain’t Yours to Throw Away – Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio

That same road that brought you here
Will sure as hell take you home
The life you left behind will have you back
You're tired of paying dues in worn out shoes
And Broadway blues
And any fool will tell you
The damn ol' deck is stacked

What if you're just a vessel?
And God gave you something special

It ain't yours to throw away
It ain't yours to throw away
Every time you open up your mouth
Diamonds come rolling out
It ain't yours to throw away
No...

And all of the players, the movers, and shakers
The story maker suits have gone home
You drew the last slot
You thought it was your shot
But now it's just one more chance blown

What if you're just a vessel?
And God gave you something special

It ain't yours to throw away
It ain't yours to throw away
Every time you open up your mouth
Diamonds come rolling out
It ain't yours to throw away
No...

And our town is cold as January
Life comes true, and dreams get buried
Every day...
Destiny won't be denied

It ain't yours to throw away
No, it ain't yours to throw away
'Cause every time you open up your mouth
Diamonds come rolling out
It ain't yours to throw away

It ain't yours to throw away ...
Throw away

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment