01 January 2016

Road 366

Happy New Year Dear Reader,

This is a leap year.  The journey will have 366 opportunities to write, serve, follow, and believe.  As I sit in the still quiet dark of the new day reflecting on this I know the differences I crave.  Most of these things are beyond my control. 

I can invest in the things I desire.  I can work toward the goals I have set.  I must do all this with an eye to the fact that the decision is not mine.  I am free to run but only in the rails laid for me. 

I being to feel my next chapter unfolding.  I begin to see what I want the most.  It seems beyond my grasp but is not every destination further before the journey begins.  I dare not forget that it is the journey that matters.  It is the good I do along the way and the faith in which I follow that matters.

In 358 days it will be Christmas Eve again.  What will I have done to spread that spirit to my fellow travelers before the decorations go up?  What will I have done to live the giving and generosity to which I am called? 

I must do what I am gifted at doing.  I must use that time to show love and grace.  I begin today.  I do so with the desire to show love and compassion whenever possible.  I have friends with whom I journey.  I have opportunity to be good to those I know and the strangers I encounter.   

In truth the purpose in my following is so that I may show the love and grace in Christ to others.  It is why I write, work, and volunteer in the ways I do.  It is in Christ I desire to live, move, and have my being.  Thank you Dear Reader for walking with me.  I look forward to our conversations during this leg of the journey.  The horizon calls.  Be sure not to let this be a monolog.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment