20 January 2016

Sensitivity Training – Helping or Interfering

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a lifelong teacher I forget sometimes that my help is not always needed.  When it is not it can be an impedance instead of assistance.  If I do not assess others and keep arrogance and pride at bay I can do more harm than good.

When I interfere in the guise of helping I can hinder progress.  It can also seem critical.  Teaching when it is not needed can even hinder learning.  It I am not careful about this I can defeat my own purposes.

It feels quite good to be sought out for assistance.  The trick is to receive such requests with humility and grace.  I need to remember that it costs something to ask for help.  I must focus on the need of the individual  asking instead of on my pride at being asked.  I must create a safe space for others to learn and grow.  I must always see how the opportunity promotes a better whole. 

The other face of this is knowing when to offer help when not asked for it.  There are times when this is necessary.  There are even times when it is imperative.  I must assure that when I offer assistance that I am not butting in or interfering.  I must also not hesitate to offer or do so in pride when help is warranted.

Realizing that I am not responsible for someone accepting help is also crucial.  I must humbly assist when needed.  I must give my best when helping.   I cannot force anyone to apply the learning.  I cannot make someone learn.

The sensitivity training here is for me to use my gifts with humility without interfering.  It is to always be willing to help without stepping into a situation unwanted.  I must not force my thoughts onto anyone.  It is in love and grace that I must give my all to those in need.          

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment