15 January 2016

Sorry Is Not Good Enough – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The words we use matter so much more than we realize.  What we choose to say when someone is wronged injured, or when we simply need to pass matters greatly.  This particular social contract is one that I must avoid.  Using “I’m sorry” for anything is a risk. 

I risk not communicating what must be communicated.  I risk not showing compassion or repentance.  I am in danger of avoiding responsibility or failing to show love.  It is the actual participation in honest meaningful communication with others that makes a difference.  It is in participating in the proper aspects of these things that can show others that I love them.

Being sure that I use the right communication for my offences and congress will make me more aware of the actions that lead up to that communication.  Since I am required to love everyone I must assure that I do not allow a passive participation in the watered down responsibility of “I’m sorry” to be a part of my life.

My first duty is to follow Christ with all my heart.  In fulfilling that I must choose words that communicate over words that are easy and empty.  My words must show my compassion for others even if it means taking responsibility for my own wrongs.  I must engage with the hurts of others and feel genuine sorrow. 

Rebuilding who I am in Christ requires intentional captivity of every thought.  This part of the process is difficult because it takes meaningful engagement with others.  Although I desire that it is always a risk.  After all, social contracts exist to make others comfortable.  Comfort with the dismissal of the needs of others is never acceptable.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

No comments:

Post a Comment