11 January 2016

Sorry Is Not Good Enough – Pushing Through Crowds

Greetings Dear Reader,

This happens too often to ignore.  You will be in a crowd or a que and someone “needs” to get further to the front or there is a legitimate need to pass.  In either case we encounter individuals who will push through the crowd saying “sorry, sorry, sorry”.

By definition the individual likely feels no sorrow over the action.  In fact the impression is one of being rude and pushy.  I am not angry about this but it does contribute to the dilution of both civility and the effectiveness of the world “sorry” in our culture.  The dilution of civility does anger me. 

The larger problem is that we put our agenda ahead of being courteous to others.  We see it in driving, shopping, movie lines, and many other places.  What would it do to our culture if instead of being this way we truly made eye contact and something like “excuse me please” when in these situations?

There are factors that make this more important for me to observe care here.  I must always be aware of how I treat strangers.  I am required to show love to everyone.  It is imperative that I observe courtesy and kindness when moving through a crowed.  How I treat others when I am in a hurry or vying for position is vital to my following Christ. 

If I fail to show love and kindness in these situations then I am be selfish.  That is not allowed.  Even when I am in a hurry or in need of movement humility and kindness must guide my actions.  Just because someone it in my path does on mean that he or she is in my way.  Furthermore, if my every move is to follow Christ I cannot push aside others or treat them rudely and still be following.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment