23 February 2016

If I Told You My Story – Justice is Served

Greetings Dear Reader,

We live in a nation where justice is a cornerstone of our society.   Kipling refers to God as having abstract justice.  I find his justice to be very specific.  The Law of Moses meets out very specific penalties.  It is clear that there is a price for sin.  Overall that price is death.

We all owe a death.  It is the price for our own sin and separation from the Father.  One of the hindrances of our society is that we feel we do not owe this debt.  We think that we are autonomous from accountability to God.  I am not a “hell and damnation” kind of guy.  I am an accountability kind of guy. 

Freedom is not free.  It demands that there be a structure of law to support justice under that freedom.   Freedom without law leads to anarchy.   Law without justice leads to no freedom.  Freedom in Christ, redemption, and reclamation require that God’s justice be satisfied. 

Since the standard of justice is the righteousness of God my sin can only be paid for by one who is perfect.  This is what necessitates the incarnation and the crucifixion.   The death of the Soon is what satisfies the justice of the Father.   If I told you my story you see justice satisfied for me by Jesus.

In the story justice must be served.  We get that.  My story is one where I do not deserve the love and compassion of God.  Christ makes the way to that love, compassion, and forgiveness possible by his death and resurrection.  The Lenten season is a time for me to review the process.  Sin yields death.  That is the penalty demand by justice.  Jesus pays that penalty on our behalf.  His resurrection assures us that the Father has accepted that payment.  Our faith is the acceptance of that payment on our behalf. 

It really is that simple.  If I told you my store you would see justice that is satisfied.  How about you Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment