26 February 2016

If I Told You My Story – A Never Ending Story

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday my Son was trying to explain being related by blood to my Grandsons without getting too deep into the reproduction story.  He and I stumbled around it for a bit.  I do not know if we explained it to him well but it caused me to think about the ancestry about which I know.

My natural father was adopted by my paternal grandparents.  I do not really know my paternal family past my progenitor.  I know a great deal about my maternal family.  I know much about the history of my adoptive father’s family.  The stories involved around all three are interesting to me.

I think that what we lose is that every story is connected.  We are all related no matter how you think we got here.  We all have stories and they are connected.  From the beginning of man the story stretches through time until it reaches us.

When I ponder Jesus’ command to love our neighbors this comes into the conversation.  Even if I consider that it is only through our place in as humans we are all related in some way.  Jesus’ place in that story stretches to both ends of human history.

The never ending story that is redemption of man has at its center the love of Jesus.  If I tell my story I cannot tell it without either accepting or rejecting this.  I choose to accept it.  I desire to live it. 

It is a story about how our Creator went to the extreme to redeem us.  He made us and then he bought us.  We cannot tell our story without considering that we are all connected through our humanity.  The never ending aspect of that story is that we are also all connected through Christ.  If I believe this then I must treat everyone with love and respect.  It is what Christ wishes me to do.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment