16 February 2016

If I Told You My Story – You would hear Hope

Greetings Dear Reader,

Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.   They always are.  When Paul is trying to teach us about love he ends with this:  Three things abide; faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these is love.

We usually skip right to the love which is his point.   We do need to realize that hope abides until it is realized (redundancy intended).  My story contains hope but there was a time when I refused to see it.  I have written about how I had carefully planned to end my life. 

Then hope was closer than I thought.  It was close enough to pick me up by the scruff of my neck and remind me that love abides and I need to have faith.  It kicked all my self-pity and doubt to the curb.  Hope transitioned from the meek feeling of my Christmas wish list to a raging Hulk smashing my puny despair. 

The hope that allowed my story to continue is not one that is passive or meek.  It pursues like a hound of heaven demanding that we stay on the path; nipping at our heels to continue the story.  It drives us to continue the journey without forgetting that it is always there.

Some day hope will be realized.  I will no longer have to have hope that Christ has all things in hand.  Some moment will become the moment when hope is actualized.  It may be my passing or Christ’s return.  No matter what my story contains hope.  It is built on nothing less than ”Jesus love and righteousness.“   His return is always closer than it appears.  How about you Dear Reader, how does hope figure in your story?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment