10 February 2016

Loving My Enemies – Easy Love

Greetings Dear Reader,

Jesus asks us about those that already love us.  He makes it clear that even tax collectors love those who love them.  We see the struggles that exist between those who already love each other.  We see how difficult to live out grace and kindness to those who love us at times.

I know that I struggle with being loving at times.  The point, however, is that we should not expect to be rewarded for loving those who already love us.  This is a common human reaction.   Loving our enemies is something more than that.

It is never enough for me to repay good things in kind.  I must always escalate.  I must always look for new ways to show love and compassion.  I must never be satisfied with things being good enough.  It is never enough to love those who love me.  I must make the prime mover of all that I do love.

It is not enough to love those who love me.  I must do everything out of love even when it involves my enemies.  Even if I struggle with loving an enemy I must obey out of love for the Father.  How about you Dear Reader?  Any thoughts on better ways to love those who do not love you?  I would value them greatly.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment